We commit to using quality products at consistently competitive
pricing with on time, every time deliveries to guarantee
The Macomb Group, Inc is a leading wholesale distributor of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF), with multiple locations in Michigan, Ohio, and Tennessee. We are presently ranked in the "Top 10" nationally as a distributor of PVF, and are the number one PVF participant in our geographic market. We service a diverse mix of end markets, including automotive (OEM's and suppliers), food and beverage, general manufacturing, hospitals, schools and universities, pharmaceuticals, utilities, power plants, steel, pulp and paper, refineries and general industry.
Our growth, tracked on the accompanying chart (see timeline) demonstrates our dedication to consistent delivery of superior Customer Service via expansion of both our product offering and geographic coverage.
As we move forward, our focus is shifting to finding alternate means (and products) for our customers to save money, conserve energy, and become more efficient. We've attempted to become your "one-stop" source for PVF, plumbing, hydronics, instrumentation, actuated valves, boilers and heaters, and waste water needs.
|- Macomb Pipe & Supply opens its doors as a small outlet in Mt. Clemens, Mi with 2,500 sq. ft. to serve primarily the Macomb County market for PVF|
|- Macomb Pipe begins servicing the Metro Detroit area and moves into a 12,500 sq. ft. facility in Warren, Mi|
|- Bill McGivern, Keith Schatko and Doug Howe purchase Macomb Pipe from its founder|
|- Move to a 25,000 sq. ft. facility in Warren, MI to meet a rapidly expanding customer base and sales growth|
|- Open Dixon Supply Company in Westland, MI to increase exposure to companies on the west side of Detroit|
|- Purchase former W.T. Andrew Company to enter the plumbing market|
|- Purchase 50% ownership of Gutek Pipe & Supply in Toledo, OH
- Purchase 65,000 sq. ft. facility in Sterling Heights, MI and moved headquarters to be able to accommodate increasing customer base & product expansion
|- Purchase 44% interest in CDV-Costa to enhance customer base while gaining an affiliation with the Michigan Minority Business Development council
- Open new branch location in Burton, MI (Flint)
|- Open new branch location in Jackson, Mi (50% owned by Macomb Group)|
|- The Company begins the process of uniting affiliated companies under one common company and master brand: “The Macomb Group.”
- All branches are combined under the common leadership of the veteran Macomb Pipe management team.
- Open two new branch locations into Midland, Mi and Lansing, MI
- Move Westland, MI facility to a larger facility in Livonia, MI
|- Acquire 100% ownership of CDV-Costa and consolidate into Macomb Group as a product division
- Acquire majority control of Pozzuto Plumbing & Heating and change name to Macomb Group Cleveland/Akron
|- Open new branch location in Kalamazoo, MI
- Expand Sterling Heights, MI (Corporate Headquarters) facility by 40,000 square feet, with improved customer will-call
- Acquire 100% ownership of Jackson, Mi branch
|- Open new branch in Lima, OH
- Acquired 100% ownership of MG-Cleveland/Akron LLC
|- Acquired 100% ownership of Gutek Pipe & Supply, LLC. Changed name to Macomb Group Toledo
- Opened new branches in Cincinnati, Oh and Wyoming, MI (Grand Rapids).
- Acquired former IAP Inc. In Delaware, OH (Columbus), for promotion of AWWA industry. Changed name to IAP, LLC
- Expanded product offering to include fire protection, instrumentation and gauges, hose assemblies, and ductile iron
- ERP systems upgrade
- Opened new branches in Clarksville, TN and Dayton, OH
- Moved headquarters to a 363,000 sq. ft. facility in Sterling Heights
- Acquired a site to put up a facility in Ghent, Kentucky, Q3 2012