Our Resun Valve Products Include
- Valves » Plug
The RESUN plug valve, industry's "Old Reliable," is used in countless industrial and general utility applications. The following are a few major categories of the many specific applications in which the RESUN valve provides reliable, uninterrupted, leak-free service:
- Chemical and petrochemical processing
- Petroleum gathering and distribution
- Gas distribution systems
- Water and wastewater
- Heating, air conditioning (HVAC)
- Food and beverage processing
- Pulp and paper
- Paint, varnish, lacquer and ink
- Asphalt and other viscous materials
- Cement and ore slurries
Standard material for RESUN plug valves is a high tensile cast iron made to RESUN specifications & in compliance with ASTM A-126 Class B standards. All specifications
in this catalog are for valves of this material.
RESUN plug valves can be supplied in ductile iron on special orders.
UL, CGA, and AGA approval is available on valve models so noted in this catalog when specified on the customer's purchase order.
Specific Advantages of the RESUN Plug Valve:
- Rugged construction - Large RESUN plug valves can even shear a two-by-four board.
- Low cost
- Readily available
- Maximum port openings - Full pipe area is available to minimize turbulence, erosion and pressure drop.
- Ease of operation - Unlike the tapered plugs of other plug valves, the RESUN cylindrical plug turns easily without binding or seizing, at the pressures and temperatures within its operating limits.
- Minimum maintenance - Only a small initial charge of sealant is required with occasional recharging for easy operation. The basic construction of the valve simplifies any service or parts replacement which might become necessary.
R&M Energy Systems will consider any reasonable modification of the plug valve that makes it more appropriate to the needs of the customer.